Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oatmeal, chocolate chip, toffee cookies

Some might say this is the best cookie recipe ever. My mom came up with it when I was in high school, and she would bake these cookies over and over for my teams, week after week, because nobody ever wanted anything different. Before every game or match, my teammates would look in the stands to see if my mom had her Longaberger cookie basket with her. And most times, she did. To this day, I can envision that basket in my head. I've made these before for my little friends, and they've always been a hit. So when we signed up to sell cookies and lemonade at the neighborhood farmer's market, I knew exactly what kind of cookies we would be making.

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (1, if large)
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups Quick oats
12 oz. package milk chocolate chips
1/2 package toffee chips

Directions:
1) Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
3) Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
4) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Mix well. Add to larger bowl.
5) Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and toffee chips.
6) Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
7) Let cool 1 minute, then transfer to a wire wrack. Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.

Delicious! Everyone is always pleasantly surprised by the toffee. If you don't take my word for it, just ask Robin :)
Tara

2 comments:

  1. Ok ladies. I made these over the weekend and they were a hit. I took some to my in-laws as well and they loved them!
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your mom gave up this top secret recipe! It was always the perfect end to a long practice. I am going to make them this week.

    ReplyDelete