Saturday, September 12, 2009

Easy Turkey Meatloaf

I know there are a million meatloaf recipes out there, but this one is from my Mom, and loved by all. It is super easy, and I make it with lean ground turkey instead of ground beef, so it's a little healthier.

Ingredients:
2 lbs lean ground turkey or beef
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
2 pieces of bread, broken into small pieces (I always use Arnold's multi grain)
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup ketchup

Just mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and add to a loaf pam sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. I think the best thing about meatloaf is the leftovers! I remember loving cold meatloaf sandwich leftovers as a kid, and I feel the same way about them today. Another handy thing to do is instead of using 1 large loaf pan, use 4 small ones. After you bake the meatloaf and let it cool, wrap them in foil and put in the freezer for another day.
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment