Last night I decided to get my little friends involved in the dinner making process, thus hoping to get them excited about eating it! Let me tell you, it worked! I decided to go the pizza route, since that seemed very hands on and fun. I asked the boys the day before what toppings they wanted for their pizzas so I could pick them up at the store the next day.
Ingredients:
Mama Mary's pizza crusts (these were mini, and came in a 3 pack, which was perfect. I still cut them in half though, b/c the full would have been too much. Now we have exactly what we need for next time!)
1 jar of your favorite red spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella (I had bought a huge bag when I made the baked ziti and I was determined to use it!)
Additional toppings to taste, we went with:
Boar's Head Pepperoni (came in a ziplock bag so I could throw it in the freezer for next time)
Canadian Bacon
Pineapple
I put all of the ingredients in little bowls so as to avoid as much germ sharing as possible. I started by spooning red sauce on their pizzas, which they spread out with little spoons, followed by the cheese, and toppings of their choice. It was interesting to see how focused they were with their artistic designs. Now if I could only figure out how to make every meal into an art project ... :) Anyway, I threw them in the oven at 425 degrees for about 8 minutes, and they were ready to go. While they were baking, I cut up some extra pineapple and sauteed a squash for sides. Really simple, really fun!
Tara
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love to use this idea, but at our house we use english muffins! I can even sneak in the whole wheat or multi grain muffins and no one even notices!
ReplyDelete