Friday, September 4, 2009

Today's Snack... KETTLE CORN!

Since the heat has not let up, we spent most of the day in the pool with our little cousin Charlie.
We finally made it inside for an afternoon snack and "feature presentation" of Word World's Kooky Spooky Halloween. Popcorn is always a must for our movies and Nellie likes hers with extra sugar. I am the first to admit that my version of Kettle Corn is nothing like what we get at the Farmer's Market, but they don't seem to mind.

In a large pot, lightly coat the bottom with oil
Add enough popcorn kernels to cover entire bottom
Keep the heat high and shake the pot to keep the popcorn from burning
When the popping stops, pour the popped popcorn into a large bowl
Add equal parts sugar and salt, eyeball about 2 tablespoons of each

The best part is I get to eat the leftovers. I have a really hard time keeping my hands out of the popcorn bowl.
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment