So after getting back in town after Labor Day weekend, I was ready to try a new recipe that I had gotten from one of my mom's friends, Lisa Rogers, in San Diego. Actually, my mom and her quiltmaker friends call themselves "The Posse," and put together a cookbook to give to their daughters when they got married. This one just happens to be a hit with the kids, too. Here's what you need ....
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken (I used a lemon pepper flavored rotisserie chicken b/c it's so easy and tasty!)
1 can Ortega diced green chilies
1 pint sour cream (2 cups) NOT fat free (that's what the original recipe says, but it's up to you)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb. grated Monterey jack cheese
12 flour tortillas
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped onion
Directions:
1) Cook the chicken if you buy it raw. Remove skin if necessary. Tear into small pieces.
2) Mix 1 can of soup, 1 cup of sour cream, chilies, 1/4 lb. cheese, chicken, and onions. Spread equal amounts into each tortilla. Roll in tight rolls and lay in a large baking dish.
3) Mix the other can of soup and 1 cup sour cream and spread on top of the filled tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
I was able to prepare these in the morning and put in the oven right before I needed them. The kids raved about them!
Tara
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment