Friday, September 4, 2009

I asked the experts...

Yesterday I was not feeling creative on dinner ideas. It was so hot outside that the only thing that sounded good was ice cream. Since I know this is not the most nutritious dinner, I asked my little expert what she wanted for dinner. It was before lunch time so I knew whatever she came up with, we could make it to the store in time. Luckily for me, she chose spaghetti, and I had everything I needed just waiting for me in the pantry. Not to mention, chicken spaghetti is Daddy's favorite meal. Here's how we made it.

2 large Chicken Breasts cooked through
Whole Wheat Udon Noodles
Jar of store bought Spaghetti Sauce
Sauteed 1 Large Zucchini
Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese to taste
Mix it all together in a large bowl

Of course my kids picked around the zucchini, and I didn't have italian noodles on hand. So I made due with what I had. We added some melon and milk and there you have it, a well rounded meal, that I only had to cook (the easy part for me) and not come up with.
Robin

2 comments:

  1. Very Good Choice For Dinner. I Highly Recommend It. If There Is Any Left When I Get Home, Consider It Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all of the zucchini that we have had from the garden, I have shredded it with a box grater or a small handheld one that I usually use for cheese - that way, Kinzie can't even see it in the sauce. Just shred and add to the sauce just a few mins before it is finished (it has worked with squash too)!

    ReplyDelete