I wanted to spoil Nellie tonight with her favorite meal since she started school this week and had some seperation anxiety. I think we both did since this was my first week with both of them starting school. I like to bbq the chicken and just about anything else I can stick on the grill because it cuts down on my clean up time.
Ingredients:
1 large pack skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I use soyaki)
pepper to taste
Directions:
In a sauce pan over medium heat add honey, garlic, lime juice, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Once it gets heated through turn down to low heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add chicken to a large ziplock bag and about 1 cup of ice cubes to the bag, pour the marinade into bag and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours. I usually prepare this mid morning and let it marinate all day in the fridge. Grill over medium heat until cooked through.
We usually have Hawaiian sweet rolls and corn to go along with the chicken. Nellie likes to make hers into a sandwich on the sweet roll and then take one to school for lunch the next day. It also makes a really tasty rice bowl.
Robin
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't forget to add ginger! (they already chopped stuff)
ReplyDelete